Thursday, November 4, 2010

Distractions

I got a new toy this week. A new Digital SLR camera, the Nikon D3000. I have used point and shoot my entire life and have wanted to get away from that for a long time. I finally decided to do that and bought this great entry level camera.

Now the problem with this is the timing. I have a few writing projects that I am working on and NaNoWriMo started this week. Instead of writing as much as I planned to, I spent much of my time testing out the new camera and learning a lot about digital photography.

So instead of using the camera as a distraction I will now be using it as a reward. I have to polish up a personal essay for submission, finish the first draft of another personal essay, and catch up on my novel. I'll break this down into bite size chunks and only after I finish each item will I spend time with the camera.

I am looking forward to getting a lot of good pictures though. I am only a beginner, but I might see a photography blog in my future along with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment